Colonel Greg Meyer is the Commander of the 910th Mission Support Group, Youngstown Air Reserve Station, Ohio. He leads and oversees all base support operations with over 1,000 military and civilian employees including aerial port, civil engineering, force support, security forces, communications, morale, welfare and recreation, base readiness, contracting, logistics readiness, supply, transportation and bioenvironmental engineering in support of the 910th Airlift Wing and tenant organizations.
Col. Meyer received his commission in 1995 through the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps program at the University of Cincinnati, Ohio. He began his career as a Supply Officer overseeing supply, fuels, and cryogenics operations in support of B-52 Bombers, UH-1N helicopters, Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles, and the Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System. While assigned to Headquarters, Air Force Materiel Command, Col Meyer served as the Command Vehicle Management Officer providing policy and guidance to 23 units throughout AFMC. In November 2006, he transferred from active duty to the Air Force Reserve, serving as an Individual Mobilization Augmentee for Headquarters AFMC, and became a fully qualified Logistics Readiness Officer. As an IMA, Col Meyer served as the acting Chief of the Logistics Plans and Programs Branch and the LRO Functional Area Manager for the command.
During Operation Enduring Freedom, Col Meyer deployed to South West Asia and served as the Operations Officer of the 379th Expeditionary Logistics Readiness Squadron. There, he laid the groundwork for uniting the supply, transportation and logistics plans communities into the new Logistics Readiness Squadron concept and oversaw the wing’s logistics sustainment. In 2016, he deployed as the Commander of the 407th Expeditionary Logistics Readiness Squadron, Al Jaber Air Base, Kuwait. Col Meyer led the supply, transportation, aerial port, fuels, logistics plans and programs and Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement services for joint and coalition forces in support of Operation Inherent Resolve. Prior to his current position, the colonel was the Deputy Commander, 439th Mission Support Group, Westover Air Reserve Base, Mass.
1995 Bachelor of Arts degree in International Affairs, University of Cincinnati, Ohio
2001 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Master of Arts degree in National Security Studies, American Military University
2008 Advanced Logistics Readiness Officers Course, McGuire-Fort Dix, N.J.
2010 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2018 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. November 1995 – September 1996, Student, Undergraduate Space and Missile Training, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2. September 1996 – December 1998, Supply Operations Officer, 5th Supply Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
3. December 1998 – April 1999, Protocol Officer, 5th Bomb Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
4. April 1999 – May 2000, Student, Joint Specialized Undergraduate Navigation Training, Randolph AFB, Texas.
5. May 2000 – March 2003, Combat Operations Support Flight Commander, 116th Air Control Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
6. March 2003 – November 2006, Command Vehicle Management Officer, HQ/AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
7. November 2006 – October 2010, Plans and Integration Officer, HQ/AFMC, Wright- Patterson AFB, Ohio.
8. October 2010 – September 2012, Operations Officer, 76th Aerial Port Squadron, Youngstown ARS, Ohio.
9. September 2012 – May 2017, Commander, 76th Aerial Port Squadron, Youngstown ARS, Ohio.
10. May 2017 – June 2020, Deputy Commander, 439th Mission Support Group, Westover ARB, Mass.
11. June 2020 – present, Commander, 910th Mission Support Group, Youngstown ARS, Ohio.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant October 11, 1995
First Lieutenant October 11, 1997
Captain October 11, 1999
Major October 1, 2008
Lieutenant Colonel September 5, 2015
Colonel June 17, 2020
(Current as of August 2021)