Chief Master Sergeant Jennifer S. McKendree is the Command Chief Master Sergeant and Senior Enlisted Advisor for the 910th Airlift Wing, Youngstown Air Reserve Station, Ohio. She advises the commander on matters concerning the health, morale, welfare and the effective utilization of the reserve members within the wing, and serves as the commander’s representative to numerous committees, councils, boards, and military and civilian functions.
Chief McKendree was born and raised in Alliance, Ohio and enlisted in the Air Force Reserve in October 1989. She began her military journey by joining the Civil Air Patrol and after only two years, earned the Billy Mitchell Award, when she was promoted to cadet 2nd Lieutenant. Also, Chief McKendree’s service with the CAP qualified her for early graduation from basic military training through the Proficiency Acceleration Program.
Chief McKendree has extensive experience in the Military Personnel career field and is considered a subject matter expert in her career field. She also has extensive Services knowledge, and has served as the Wing Career Advisor and as the Retention Program Manager. Prior to her current assignment, she served as Superintendent, 910th Mission Support Group, Youngstown ARS, Ohio.
1995 Air Force Reserve Command Noncommissioned Officer Leadership & Development Course, Willow Grove ARS, Pa.
1999 NCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2007 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala. by correspondence
2015 Associate’s Degree, Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala. 2016 Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2018 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, Norfolk, Va., by correspondence
2018 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2018 Bachelor of Arts, Health & Wellness, Ashford University, Calif.
1. October 1989 – December 1994, Personnel Specialist, 910th Mission Support Squadron, Youngstown ARS, Ohio
2. January 1995 – April 2000, Personnel Specialist, 910th Mission Support Squadron, Youngstown ARS, Ohio
3. April 2000 – November 2004, Services Specialist, 910th Services Squadron, Youngstown ARS, Ohio
4. November 2004 – October 2005, Personnel Specialist, 910th Mission Support Squadron, Youngstown ARS, Ohio
5. October 2005 – September 2006, Wing Career Advisor, 910th Mission Support Squadron, Youngstown ARS, Ohio
6. September 2006 – December 2010, Chief, Career Enhancement, 910th Force Support Squadron, Youngstown ARS, OH
7. (January – June 2009 PERSCO, 379th Expeditionary Force Support Squadron, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
8. January 2011 – February 2012, Chief, Force Management, 910th Force Support Squadron, Youngstown ARS, Ohio
9. February 2012 – February 2019, Superintendent, 910th Force Support Squadron, Youngstown ARS, Ohio
10. February 2019 – December 2019, Chief Enlisted Manager, 910th Force Support Squadron, Youngstown ARS, Ohio
11. December 2019 – February 2021, Superintendent, 910th Mission Support Group, Youngstown ARS, Ohio
12. February 2021 – present, Command Chief, 910th Airlift Wing, Youngstown ARS, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
1997 910 AW NCO of the Year
2008 910 AW SNCO of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class Oct. 1, 1989
Senior Airman March 1, 1991
Staff Sergeant Sept. 1, 1993
Technical Sergeant May 1, 1996
Master Sergeant Sept. 1, 2000
Senior Master Sergeant March 1, 2012
Chief Master Sergeant June 1, 2014
(Current as of August 2021)